The Perth Mint is one of the largest and most well-known mints in the world. As one of Western Australia’s largest exporters, the Perth Mint produces some of the most renowned bullion coins yearly, along with investment grade cast and minted bullion bars.
Every year, the Perth Mint produces a newly designed Kookaburra coin to commemorate Australia’s most iconic native bird species. The kookaburra coin is now the longest running bullion program from the Perth Mint, beginning in 1990.
Currently, the 1oz Silver Kookaburra Coin (2004) is available to buy online from Gold Coast Bullion!
- Contains one troy ounce or 31.1 grams of pure 99.9% silver
- Ship in individual protective coin capsules
- Limited mintage of 300,000 coins. Declared mintage of 84,455.
- Obverse design: Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the monetary denomination
- Reverse design: A chirping Kookaburra sitting on an old gum tree branch with a kookaburra in flight in the background
The reverse of the coin depicts a happy Kookaburra perched on a gumtree branch, with a flying kookaburra in the background. Included on the reverse face is the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA’, the year, weight, purity and metal type.
The obverse of the coin portrays the long-standing Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with ‘AUSTRALIA’ inscribed and the monetary denomination $1.
All 2004 Kookaburra silver coins ship in protective acrylic capsules. Multiples of 20 are shipped in sealed rolls, whilst 100 coins will be packaged in a tray.
Gold Coast Bullion is pleased to sell a wide range of Kookaburra silver coins from the Perth Mint.
Gold Coast Bullion welcomes the opportunity to hear your feedback on the 2004 Kookaburra’s. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone at (07) 5315 8008, email us or write by livechat on the site.