Gold Coast Bullion presents the 1oz Lunar Rooster Silver Coin (2017) from the Australian Lunar Series II by the Perth Mint.
This is the 10th coin in a set of 12. The Perth Mint’s Lunar Series II from the Perth Mint began with the Year of the Mouse (2008), with one coin being released each year.
Reputedly the oldest chronological record in history, the ancient Chinese Lunar Calendar dates back beyond 2,600 BC. Based on the appearance of the new moon, it associates a different animal with each year in the 12-year lunar cycle.
Traditionally, the first year of the lunar cycle is ‘ruled’ by the mouse. According to legend, the order of the animals in Chinese astrology was determined by their race across a river. Unknown to the ox, the mouse hitched a ride on its back, leaping to victory at the very last second. The tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and pig followed the quick-thinking mouse and the flabbergasted ox to dry land.
• Contains 1 troy ounce or 31.1 grams of pure 99.99% silver
• 10th coin of Series II of the collectible Perth Mint Lunar series
• Face value backed by Australian government
• Coins ship in protective acrylic capsules, while multiples of 20 typically ship in sealed rolls
• Reverse features a rooster, a hen and 3 chicks standing amongst bamboo foliage
• Observe features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
In Chinese culture, each animal is believed to influence the personality of the people born under its ‘rule’. The rooster is the tenth animal in the 12 year-cycle of the Chinese zodiac. People born under the influence of this sign are said to be highly motivated, hardworking and multi-talented. The talkative Rooster can be quite social and enjoys being in a group setting or crowd, where they can display their many talents and skills.
Struck from 999 pure silver.
Buy the 1oz Lunar Rooster Silver Coin today from your local gold and silver bullion dealer – Gold Coast Bullion!