The Perth Mint is one of the largest and most well-known mints in the world. As one of Western Australia’s largest exporters, the Perth Mint produces some of the most renowned bullion coins yearly, along with investment grade cast and minted bullion bars.
Every year, the Perth Mint produces a newly designed Kookaburra coin to commemorate Australia’s most iconic native bird species. The kookaburra coin is now the longest running bullion program from the Perth Mint, beginning in 1990.
The 1oz Silver Kookaburra Coin (2015) is now available to buy online from Gold Coast Bullion.
• Contains one troy ounce or 31.1 grams of pure 99.9% silver
• Ship in individual protective coin capsules
• 25th anniversary of the Kookaburra Coin program!
• Limited mintage of 500,000 coins
• Obverse design: Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the monetary denomination and year 2015
• Reverse design: celebrates the original 1990 kookaburra coin design of a kookaburra sitting on a tree stump wrapped around by a fern and eucalyptus
The reverse of the coin pays homage to the original 1990 kookaburra silver coin design. The 1990 coin portrayed a dignified kookaburra sitting on a tree stump with a sub-tropical fern growing around it. Also included on the reverse face is the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA’, the year range 1990-2015, weight, purity and metal type, along with the Perth Mint security feature ‘P25’ mintmark.
The obverse of the coin portrays the Ian Rank-Broadly effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with ‘AUSTRALIA’ inscribed, the year and the monetary denomination $1.
All 2015 Kookaburra silver coins ship in protective acrylic capsules. Multiples of 20 are shipped in sealed rolls, whilst 100 coins will be packaged in a tray.
Gold Coast Bullion welcomes the opportunity to hear your feedback on the 2015 Kookaburras. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone at (07) 5315 8008, email us or write by live-chat on the site.