The Perth Mint is one of the largest and most well-known mints in the world. As one of Western Australia’s largest exporters, the Perth Mint produces some of the most renowned bullion coins yearly, along with investment grade cast and minted bullion bars.
Every year, the Perth Mint produces a newly designed Kookaburra coin to commemorate Australia’s most iconic native bird species. The kookaburra coin is now the longest running bullion program from the Perth Mint, beginning in 1990.
The 1oz Silver Kookaburra Coin (2020) is now available to buy online from Gold Coast Bullion.
• Contains one troy ounce or 31.1 grams of pure 99.99% silver
• 30th Anniversary Australian Kookaburra!
• Ship in individual protective coin capsules
• Obverse design: An homage to the 1990 Kookaburra silver coin which featured Stuart Devlin’s portrayal of a kookaburra seated on a tree stump. Also included is a small Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• Reverse design: A kookaburra on a corrugated iron roof at dawn, including the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA 30TH ANNIVERSARY” among the coin’s specifications
The reverse of the coin depicts the well-known Australian sight of a kookaburra sitting on a corrugated iron roof at dawn, basking in the sun’s rays. Also included on the reverse face is the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA’ and ‘30TH ANNIVERSARY’, the weight, purity and metal type, along with the well-known Perth Mint security feature ‘P’ mintmark.
The obverse of this unique coin features the obverse design from the 1990 Kookaburra (the 1st one of the long-running program) coin, of a kookaburra seated on a tree stump surrounded by native eucalyptus branches. Also included is the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with ‘AUSTRALIA’ inscribed and the monetary denomination $1.
All 2020 Kookaburra silver coins ship in protective acrylic capsules. Multiples of 20 are shipped in sealed rolls, whilst 100 coins will be packaged in a tray.
Gold Coast Bullion welcomes the opportunity to hear your feedback on the 2020 Kookaburras. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone at (07) 5315 8008, email us or write by live-chat on the site.