The Perth Mint is one of the largest and most well-known mints in the world. As one of Western Australia’s largest exporters, the Perth Mint produces some of the most renowned bullion coins yearly, along with investment grade cast and minted bullion bars.
Every year, the Perth Mint produces a newly designed Kookaburra coin to commemorate Australia’s most iconic native bird species. The kookaburra coin is now the longest running bullion program from the Perth Mint, beginning in 1990.
The 1oz Silver Kookaburra Coin (2011) is now available to buy online from Gold Coast Bullion.
• Contains one troy ounce or 31.1 grams of pure 99.9% silver
• Ship in individual protective coin capsules
• Limited mintage of 500,000 coins, an increase over previous Kookaburras due to high demand
• Obverse design: Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the monetary denomination
• Reverse design: A kookaburra spreading its wings on the end of a tree stump ready for flight
The reverse of the coin features an image of a kookaburra with spread out wings perched on the edge of a tree stump, about to take-off. Also included on the reverse face is the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA’, the year, weight, purity and metal type, along with the well-known Perth Mint security feature ‘P’ mintmark.
The obverse of the coin portrays the Ian Rank-Broadly effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with ‘AUSTRALIA’ inscribed and the monetary denomination $1.
All 2011 Kookaburra silver coins ship in protective acrylic capsules. Multiples of 20 are shipped in sealed rolls, whilst 100 coins will be packaged in a tray.
Gold Coast Bullion welcomes the opportunity to hear your feedback on the 2011 Kookaburras. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone at (07) 5315 8008, email us or write by live-chat on the site.