Originally founded in 1890 by South Africa’s president Paul Kruger, the South African Mint produces a large range of circulation and numismatic coins, as well as bullion coins like the Krugerrand.
Currently, the 1oz Gold Krugerrand coins are available to buy online from Gold Coast Bullion.
• Contains 1 troy ounce or 31.1 grams of pure Gold, in addition to an alloy of copper for durability
• South Africa’s famous Krugerrand, first released in 1967.
• Considered by many as the original bullion coin
• Reverse features an image of a bouncing Springbok, the national animal of South Africa
• Obverse features an effigy of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first president and creator of the Krugerrand
The reverse design the 1oz Gold Krugerrand Coin features a beautiful springbok antelope leaping from left to right through a field. Also included on the reverse face is the inscription ‘KRUGERRAND’, the year of mintage flanking the springbok as well as the wording ‘FYNGOUD 1OZ FINE GOLD’. Interestingly the gold Krugerrand is legal tender however does not record a monetary face value.
The obverse design of the coin includes a left-facing portrait of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, including the wording ‘SUD AFRIKA’ and ‘SOUTH AFRICA’ outlining the face.
Please note individual coins are not encapsulated. Multiples of 10 coins are supplied in refinery tubes from the South African Mint.
Gold Coast Bullion is open to hearing your questions and inquiries about the 1oz Gold Krugerrand Coin. You can contact us at (07) 5315 8008, send us an email or chat with us via live-chat.