Gold Coast Bullion is proud to present the 1oz American Eagle Gold Coin - Type 2 (2021) by the United States Mint for purchase online.
To commemorate the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle Bullion Coin, the United States Mint has released a new design of the iconic coins. This will be the first time since 1986 when the coin debut that the design has been updated.
- Contains 1 oz of Fine Gold.
- Actual weight of 33.931 or 1.0909oz (91.7% Pure Gold, 8.3% Copper added for strength).
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand, and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
- U.S. Legal Tender with the face value of $50, guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Please note under Austalian Law, American Eagle Gold Coins (whilst containing a full ounce of gold) also contain 8.3% Copper making the coins larger and stronger. This is traditional for gold coins designed for circulation because 9999 gold is very soft and easily damaged. Nonetheless due to the 917 purity American Eagle Gold Coins attract a 10% GST. This Tax is included in the final price.
Individual coins do not come encapsulated, and multiples of 20 come packaged in U.S. Mint Refinery Tubes.